Out of hours support
Police: 101 or Emergency 999
NHS Direct: 111
Childline: 0800 1111 (Free)
Children’s Services: 0121 303 1888
Partner services across Birmingham are grouping together to support families who are asking for help in each locality.
Community, voluntary and faith sectors, health, family support, social work, police, schools, further education, nurseries, children’s centres, health visitors and GPs are all coordinating local help.
Birmingham Children's Partnership - Resources
Or got to www.barnardos.org.uk/support-hub
If you’ve lost your job, or are struggling for food or rent there are services that can help. Local welfare provision can make a big difference if you are in a crisis and need food, fuel or basic white goods. Discretionary Housing Payments may be able to help with rent. And there are food banks across Birmingham that are here to help.
- Children - Crisis (Urgent support): 0300 300 0099
- Pause (Forward Thinking Birmingham): 0207 841 4470. The operating hours are between 10am-6pm 7 days a week
- Adults - Birmingham Healthy Minds: 0121 301 2525 Mon-Fri 9.30am -4.30pm
- Samaritans: 116123 (free) or email firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.samaritans.org/
- Mobile Apps:
- Calm Harm https://calmharm.co.uk/
- Clear Fear https://www.clearfear.co.uk/
- Job Centre Plus: 0800 055 6688
- Washwood Heath Job Centre Plus: 0800 169 0190 Address: 295 Washwood Heath Road Birmingham, B8 2XX
- Salma Food Bank: Simply text or phone us on 07767164246, or online https://www.salma-foodbank.org/
- This website may also be of use: https://www.trusselltrust.org/get-help/emergency-food/
- Provident Housing have started to provide food packages for those within the local community. The can be collected from any Provident Housing office, including the one in Small Heath: 324 Green Lane, B9 5DP. Call. 0121 630 2205
- Edwards Trust: 0121 454 1705 (Mon & Tues 8am-8pm Wed-Fri 8am-6pm) http://edwardstrust.keanebuild19.uk/contact-us_build/
- Birmingham Bereavement Advice Centre: 0800 634 9494 https://www.bereavementadvice.org/birmingham/
- Cruse - Birmingham: 0808 808 1677 https://www.crusebirmingham.co.uk/
- http://nationalonlinesafety.com/enrol/waverley-school select Parents from the drop down menu when signing up
- UK Safer Internet Centre - for advice on making a report about online abuse https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/our-helplines
- CEOP - to report and remove harmful online content
- Internet matters - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online https://www.internetmatters.org/about-us/
- London Grid for Learning - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online https://www.lgfl.net/about/
- Net-aware - for support for parents and carers from the NSPCC https://www.net-aware.org.uk/news/
- Parent Info - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online https://parentinfo.org/page/about-us
- Thinkuknow - for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
- UK Safer Internet Centre - advice for parents and carers https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/our-helplines
- Family Action: 0808 802 6666 https://www.family-action.org.uk/what-we-do/children-families/familyline/
- The FamilyLine service supports people who are dealing with family pressures to support family members over the age of 18 through telephone calls, email, web chat and text message.
- Family Lives (previously Parentline): 0808 800 2222 https://www.familylives.org.uk/how-we-can-help/confidential-helpline/ Family Lives offers a confidential and free helpline service for families in England and Wales (previously known as Parentline). For emotional support, information, advice and guidance on any aspect of parenting and family life. The helpline service is open 9am – 9pm, Monday to Friday and 10am – 3pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Gingerbread:Single Parent Helpline 0808 802 0925 https://www.gingerbread.org.uk/ One Parent Families/Gingerbread is the leading national charity working to help lone parents and their children.
- Grandparents Plus: 0300 123 7015 https://www.grandparentsplus.org.uk/ Grandparents Plus is the only national charity (England and Wales) dedicated to supporting kinship carers - grandparents and other relatives raising children who aren't able to live with their parents.
The Waiting Room
The Waiting Room is a site that will allow you to access confidential services on offer in Birmingham. It covers a wide range of services from family support to legal services to mental wellbeing. There is a list of local and national websites and numbers that can be accessed for direct support and information.
Birmingham Educational Psychology Team
I hope that these links will be useful if you require support agencies, particularly at times when school is closed
Director of Safeguarding